Architettura e Composizione Architettonica 4 (EA)
Architectural Composition 4 Gianluigi Mondaini
Ability to understand the urban context and ability to relate functional and design choices programs. Knowledge of issues relating to the recovery of existing buildings and technicals of intervention
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
The class allows the students to enhance advanced knowledge in the same disciplinary sector of previous years classes, studying in dept the qualities of urban and architectural space, the qualities of construction materials and the technological aspects of the single building.
It will be also teached and studied the sperimentation of the sinergy between the formal aspects of the design process, the architectural languages and the relationship with sustainability; those issues will be studied in depth to enrich the knowledge of the multidisciplinary dimension of the architectural project.
CAPACITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
In order to deal with advanced project issues and to adopt innovation trough the connection between compositive formal design and technologies process already studied in the previous years classes, the student will have to proove to be able to apply autonoumously those procedures to the project, and to be able to use correctly materials and construction technologies, and to know how to prepare a project presentation and how to expose it in public.TRANSVERSAL SKILLS:
Skills and knowledge will be tested in the several project step of the laboratory, both on new or historic buildings.
Those skills will be verified in group team works, or autonomously through graphic drawings and presentations that will give the student the chance to verify both the learning process and the ability to communicate the project and get original answers based on the givern architectural issue.
The theme of the recovery has become transversal to all major European cities and organizations stems from the profound transformation occurred on the production system and industrial and also on the radical changes on the development of the city recently. The possibility offered by brownfields oo substitution allows the contemporary city to stop the process of expanding outward and stop the consumption of resources and territory in the creation of new suburbs recovering an internal new urban spaces and new centers . The course then will work on this type of areas, on comparison with the memory of a place that made the industrial and social history of the surrounding area , on the overlap and on the re-use of these areas through the re-use of industrial buildings and on the most significant ' idea of urbanity that the contaminated condition of activities and functions different from each other and activities aimed at the public or the public interest. The methodological approach will work around the possibilities offered by different programs and declination of these over time , aware that contemporary design is a complex organism , the structure of which is able to continuously change through processes of gradual adaptation .
Development of the examination
LEARNING EVALUATION METHODS
The assessment of student learning consists of two parts:
- The presentation of architectural projects related to the topics included in the program, with design drowings that represent a synthesis agreed with the teacher;
- Complete the oral presentation of the project, its concept and its theoretical and practical implications, through power point.
The project can also be done in groups, with a maximum of two students. In this case, the discussion of the project must take place with the participation of the two contextual students.
LEARNING EVALUATION CRITERIA
To pass with success the assessment of learning, the student must demonstrate, through the two tests described above, his understand the criteria and design procedures, the need for theoretical implications related to the needs of the contemporary social and ability to respond in appropriate and innovative techniques.
He must prove, in addition, to be able to apply, these criteria and the procedures to the project, to know how to properly use the materials and construction technologies appropriate and knowing how to prepare a presentation design and technical know how and public display.
LEARNING MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
The two tests will be evaluated in thirty and the final vote will be the result of the average of the two tests. The rating is then the sum of the marks obtained by witnessing the ability of autonomy in relation to theoretical issues articulated in the basic course with those obtained by the quality of the draft elaborated for the project.
FINAL MARK ALLOCATION CRITERIA
In order for the overall outcome of the evaluation is positive, the student must achieve at least a pass in the two trials described above. The highest rating is achieved by demonstrating a thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical content of the course in the two tests and proving to be able to project management that is consistent with the content itself and credible technical level.
Praise is given to students who, having performed the tests correctly and completely, have demonstrated a particular brilliance in the oral and in the preparation of project works.
- A Terranova. La città e i progetti. Gangemi Editori, Roma 1993
- P. Desideri. La città di latta. Meltemi Editori, Roma 2002
- L. Prestinenza Pugliesi. Hyperarchitettura. Testo & Immagine, Torino 1999
- G. Mondaini. Abitare dopo il moderno. Sala editori, Pescara 2001
- A Terranova. Mostri metropolitani. Meltemi editori, Roma 2001
- G. Mondaini. Forme e tecniche di architettura bioclimatica (). Sala Editori, Pescara 2002
- P. Desideri. Ex-City. Meltemi editori, Roma, 2002
- S. Cantalini, G. Mondaini. Luoghi comuni. Meltemi editori. Roma 2002
- G. Mondaini. Figure Urbane. Alinea Edizioni, Firenze 2004
- H. Ibelings. Supermodernismo. Castelvecchi, Roma 2001
- G. Mondaini. Ri-Composizioni, Gangemi, Roma 2008
- G. Mondaini. LINKS. Affinità Elettive. Ancona 2009
- G. Mondaini. MICROCITIES. Alinea Editori, Firenze, 2011
- G. Mondaini, M. Zambelli, BEHNISCH ARCHITEKTEN. Ance Edizioni, Roma, 2012
.G.Mondaini, D. Potenza, ABDR Architetti Associati. Ance Edizioni, Roma 2014
- Ingegneria Edile-Architettura (Corso di Laurea Magistrale con Riconoscimento Europeo (DM 270/04))