Electronic Measurements Stefano Pirani
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
Know and understand the techniques and the most relevant measurement and analysis tools and their interactions with the system under measurement.CAPACITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
Being able to successfully carry out measurements on signals, electronic devices and circuits.TRANSVERSAL SKILLS:
The course will help to develop the ability to critically evaluate data obtained from measurement systems
Metrology fundamentals: units of measurement and standards. Measure uncertainty and its propagation. Counters and Frequency meters. AD and DA converters. TRMS-to-DC converters. Digital voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, multimeter and the accessories necessary to expand their measure field. Methods for the measurement of the parameters of electrical components both in dc and ac (LF and HF) supply. Digital oscilloscope and spectrum analyser. Virtual Instruments. Transducers.
Development of the examination
LEARNING EVALUATION METHODS
Written and oral exam.
LEARNING EVALUATION CRITERIA
Student has to demonstrate his knowledge on the topics.
LEARNING MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Numeric mark up to 30/30 for both exam (minimum sufficient mark is 18/30).
FINAL MARK ALLOCATION CRITERIA
Mean value of marks (minimum sufficient mark is 18/30).
Norma UNI-UNIPREA 4546 "Misure e misurazioni: termini e definizioni fondamentali.
- P.H.Sydenham, N.H.Hancock, R.Thorn: "Introduction to measurement science and engineering", John Wiley & Son's, New York
- J.R.Taylor: "Introduzione all'analisi degli errori. Lo studio delle incertezze nelle misure fisiche", Zanichelli, Bologna
- B.M.Oliver, J.M.Cage: "Electronic measurements and Instrumentation", McGraw-Hill / Kogakusha, Tokyo
- M.Savino: "Fondamenti di scienza delle misure", NIS - La Nuova Italia Scientifica, Roma
- S.Leschiutta: "Misure elettroniche. Strumentazione e telecomunicazioni", Pitagora, Bologna
- Ingegneria Elettronica (Corso di Laurea Triennale (DM 270/04))